- The Keller Williams Real Estate mobile application and other Keller Williams-branded mobile applications made available by us on or through mobile devices (collectively, the “KW Apps”),
- Offline interactions you have with us.
Collectively, we refer to the KW Websites, the KW Apps, our emails, and offline interactions as the “Services.”
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Information including:
- Postal and email address
- Telephone number
- IP address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- Your real estate buying/selling interests, when you choose to share them with us
- Your mobile device’s contacts, photos, and location, when you choose to share them with us
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services
—We collect Personal Information through the Services, for example, when you fill out a user profile when using our Services, register an account to access the Services, request a market analysis of your home, or contact us by telephone.
- From Other Sources
—We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
○publicly available databases;
○joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes including:
- Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
—To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account and providing you with related user support services.
—To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions or comments, or when you request other information about our Services.
—To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
—To allow you to send messages to another person through the Services if you choose to do so.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing you with marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
—To send you marketing related emails with information about our services, new products, and other news about our company.
—To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
—We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
—To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports, so we can improve our Services.
—To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests.
—To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services based on our legitimate interests, and with your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
—We may offer you the opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion.
—Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information. Please read those additional rules before choosing to participate.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
—We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
—For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
—For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
—For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
—For developing new products and services;
—For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
—For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
—For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
—For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or based on our legitimate interests.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
—These can include providers of services such as data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, user support service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To our Keller Williams agents, brokers, and market centers where you have requested such sharing or inquired about a property.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
- To our third-party business partners.
—We may share your Personal Information with selected third-party business partners for our partners’ own business purposes, including to enable them to send information about products and services that may be of interest to you, consistent with your choices. Please refer to “Choices and Access” below, for information about the choices we offer concerning such sharing.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
—On message boards, chat, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and content. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
—This may include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
—To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is important.
—These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
—For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate.
- For other legal reasons.
—To enforce our terms and conditions; and
—To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
—We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device
—Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of KW Apps
When you download and use KW Apps, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using cookies
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Physical Location
—We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.